Building plan not approved, widows allege harassment - ECAS Punjab

Building plan not approved, widows allege harassment

Share This

Parvesh Sharma

Tribune News Service

Sangrur, July 6

Despite applying online as well as offline and replying to all notices of Sangrur Nagar Council (NC), two widowed sisters have been shuttling between various offices for approval of the building plan of their shop. Meanwhile, 12 influential people have allegedly constructed the buildings without getting the plans approved.

The sisters have now decided to start an indefinite hunger strike. They have written to the Chief Minister and have also issued a legal notice to the NC.

Charge baseless

All allegations are baseless. Some have constructed buildings without approval of plans despite status quo and we are taking action against all. We are acting as per directions of our seniors. —Ramesh Kumar, Executive Officer, Sangrur NC

"On July 30, 2019, the Local Government Department inspected the under-construction commercial buildings. Since 14 buildings, including ours, were found to being constructed in violation of norms, authorities ordered status quo. After that, we deposited the mandatory fee and applied online and offline for the approval, but the authorities are neither accepting nor rejecting our plan," alleged Saroj Rani.

On November 19 last year, Ramesh Kumar, Executive Officer (EO) of the Sangrur NC, had written to various banks and the Punjab State Power Corporation Limited not to issue power connections to these illegal buildings.

"The NC authorities are stopping only us while 12 other owners have completed their buildings. We have decided to start an indefinite hunger strike now," she said.

When contacted, Ramesh Kumar said status quo still existed on 14 local buildings and authorities had not withdrawn it as yet.

"All the allegations are baseless. Some have constructed buildings without approval of plans despite status quo and we are taking action against all. We are acting as per the directions of our seniors and cannot withdraw status quo on our own. We have also filed cases against all in court for further action," he added.



from The Tribune https://ift.tt/2NYhGLS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages